Classical Fencing Open Tournament
Halmos Activities Center
View Larger Map
Saturday, April 4th, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
3/13/2020: Due to coronavirus precautions, the tournament has been postponed. Check back here for updates, or follow us on Facebook for announcements.
Prizes and AHF Raffle
This year we are awarding over $630 worth of prizes, including fencing equipment, literature, and lessons. In support of the AHF, we will raffle off additional items worth over $365, including gift certificates and fencing equipment, for a grand total of over $1,000 worth of items. Read more
- Benjamin Arms large foil practice target — $85 value
- Benjamin Arms small foil practice target — $60 value
- THREE Packages of 4 Group Classes at Palm Beach Classical Fencing — $80 value each package
- THREE 1-Hour Private Fencing Lesson with Instructor Moser — $60 value each lesson
- The Expert Sword-Man's Companion (book) by Donald McBane — $18 value
- History of Duelling, in all Countries (book) by M. Coustard de Massi (translated to English) — $15 value
- A Gentleman's Guide to Duelling: Of Honour and Honourable Quarrels (book) by Vincentio Saviolo — $21 value
- 12-minute plastron lesson from Maestro Martinez or Maestro Kirby on Sunday, April 5th — $20 value
- Gift certificate applicable to any item(s) in the Benjamin Arms catalog — $240 value
- Gift certificate applicable to any item(s) in the Triplette Competition Arms/Zen Warrior Armory catalog — $100 value
- 1 fencing glove, any size — $25 value
On Sunday we are offering a workshop with Maestro Martínez from 12:00 - 5:00 pm.
This workshop is completely separate from the tournament, and will be held at a different location. For more information on this workshop, including a registration form, contact Kim Moser at or call
Spectators are welcome to observe the tournament. There is no admission fee and you may arrive any time between 9:30 am and 4:00 pm.
Note that videotaping and flash photography are NOT permitted. You may take still photos, but please do NOT use a flash.
Please see our flier with information for spectators
Whether you're a seasoned fencer, a complete beginner, or somewhere in between, this is a great opportunity for you to meet other fencers, test out your skills, and get a taste of the spirit of classical fencing.
A classical fencing tournament differs in several ways from a modern (electric) fencing competition, so if you're new to classical fencing please read our rules carefully. One main difference is that fencers are also awarded technical points to distinguish between those who are adhering to sound martial principles and those who are merely interested in scoring points.
Spectators are welcome free of charge.
Complete rules are available online for foil, épée and sabre. PLEASE READ THESE RULES IF YOU PLAN ON COMPETING!
9:00 - 9:30: Check-in and equipment inspection
9:30 - 10:00: Announcements
10:00 - 1:30: Foil
1:30 - 2:30: Break for lunch
2:30 - 3:15: Épée
3:15 - 4:00: Sabre
4:00 - 4:30: Raffle
Times are approximate! All fencers must report to registration and inspection no later than 9:30 pm.
Registration has been temporarily closed until the event can be rescheduled.
Registration must be received by March 28th, 2020.
Fencers must be at least 12 years old to participate.
Location & Directions
The Vicki and Peter Halmos Family Activities Center is located at 250 Seaview Ave, Palm Beach (see map).
Please park on any labeled spot, and note the parking regulations. Additional metered parking is available behind the venue, accessible from Royal Palm Way.
The closest airport is Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), located in West Palm Beach, less than five miles from the tournament venue. April is still tourist season in Florida so book your tickets early to ensure prices and availability!
For more information contact Kim Moser at or call .